Belousov Sergey Vladislavovich, Doctor of historical sciences, associate professor, head of sub-department of general history, historiography and archeology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Recently the study of the Great Patriotic War has become of a particular interest in Russian History. One of the main questions is the study of signal corps development on the eve and during the war and the usage of signal communications facilities in various military campaigns.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented through the dialectical method of historical processes studying, including the principles of historicism, objectivity and systematicity. It helped to characterize the variety of sources, compare and analyze them in complex.
Results. The article is devoted to the history of the formation and participation of the 475th Gdansk separate cable-poled company of the Order of Alexander Nevsky and the Order of the Red Star in the Great Patriotic War. For the first time the author introduces the information of award documents, personnel rosters of irreversible losses, and the information contained in the records of prisoner of wars who were the soldiers of this company. On the basis of this information we can trace the battle route of this subunit during 1942–1945.
Conclusions. The study of the history of the 475th Gdansk separate cable-poled company of the Order of Alexander Nevsky and the Order of the Red Star participating in the Great Patriotic War allows not only to speak in details about this company’s role in the victory over the enemy, but also to pay particular attention to the importance of different corps researches. In our opinion, this approach can be introduced into “human dimension” and change the researchers’ priorities to the study of everyday history, micro history and historical anthropology
1. Svyaz' v Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyne Sovetskogo Soyuza 1941–1945 gg. [The communication service of the Soviet Union in the Great Patriotic War of 1941–1945].Leningrad: Voennaya akademiya svyazi, 1961.
2. Peresypkin I. T. Svyaz' v Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyne [The communication service in the Great Patriotic War]. Moscow: Nauka, 1973, 283 p.
3. Ekimov A. N., Getmantsev A. A Foton-Ekspress [Photon-Express]. 2010, no. 6, pp. 7–13.
4. Upravlenie voyskami i organizatsiya svyazi v operatsiyakh nachal'nogo perioda Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyny i letne-osenney kampanii 1941 goda [Troops control and communication setup in operations of the early period of the Great Patriotic War and the summer-fall campaign of 1941]. Ed. by P. N. Barashkov. Leningrad: Voennaya akademiya svyazi, 1990.
5. Pavlenko N. Rodina [Motherland]. 2009, no. 11, pp. 23–25; 2010, no. 1, pp. 13, 14.
6. Tsentral'nyy arkhiv Ministerstva oborony (dalee – TsAMO) [Central Archive of the Ministry of Defence (hereinafter – TsAMO)]. F. 37 ZSD. Op. 432113. D. 2.
7. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Penzenskoy oblasti (dalee – GAPO) [State Archive of Penza Region (hereinafter – GAPO)]. F.-R. 889. Op. 2. D. 10570.
8. GAPO. F.-R. 889. Op. 2. D. 5643.
9. Batov P. I. V pokhodakh i boyakh [In marches and fights]. Moscow: Voenizdat, 1974, 231 p.
10. Samsonov A. M. Stalingradskaya bitva [The Battle of Stalingrad ]. Moscow: Nauka, 1989, 632 p.
11. TsAMO. Arkhivnaya spravka [TsAMO. An archival reference]. № 9/110187 ot 31.10.2000
12. OBD Memorial [Memorial integrated database]. Available at: http://www.obdmemorial.ru/html/info.htm?id=52392118/ (accessed October 26, 2016).
13. OBD Memorial [Memorial integrated database]. Available at: http://www.obdmemorial.ru/html/info.htm?id=52392491/ (accessed October 26, 2016).
14. OBD Memorial [Memorial integrated database]. Available at: http://www. obdmemo rial.ru/memorial/fullimage?id=300728240&id1= f54233f24d83f0b0 74e282b1b 5423 8d0&pat =SVS/003/058-0977521-1755/00000157.jpg/ (accessed October 26, 2016).
15. GAPO. F.-R. 889. Op. 2. D. 13565.
16. Tsentral'nyy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Respubliki Mordovii (dalee – TsGARM) [Central State Archive of the Republic of Mordovia (hereinafter – TsGARM)]. F.-R. 3235. Op. 1l. D. 1368.
17. Podvig naroda [The people’s feat]. Available at: http://podvignaroda.mil.ru/filter/ filterimage?path=VS/126/033-0686044-2489%2b004-2488/00000417_1.jpg&id=219782 00&id1=1c734984ed1da14d706d7c4b2a3bf094/ (accessed October 26, 2016).
18. TsAMO. F. 33. Op. 687572. D. 1209.
19. TsAMO. F. 33. Op. 686196. D. 7669.
20. Podvig naroda [The people’s feat]. Available at: http://podvignaroda.mil.ru/filter/ filterimage?path=VS/072/033-0686044-0786%2b004-0785/00000366_1.jpg&id=184628 72&id1=4cf4fd81b01dd93547710158ea635ce7/ (accessed October 26, 2016).
21. Podvig naroda [The people’s feat]. Available at: http://podvignaroda.mil.ru/filter/ filterimage?path=VS/338/033-0687572-1889%2b022-1888/00000179_1.jpg&id=388326 57&id1=85fae44e47cebe085f6d5f0fcfd8b1a4/ (accessed October 26, 2016).
22. Podvig naroda [The people’s feat]. Available at: http://podvignaroda.mil.ru/filter/filterimage?path=VS/343/033-0687572-1526%2b022-525/00000205_1. jpg&id=395875 27&id1= 1946cebd6 7f06f1d600047 492e3baed9/ (accessed October 26, 2016).